Re: [K12OSN] Poor performance woes

On 09/20/2011 09:34 PM, Carl Keil wrote:
I just keep thinking that no system can really be all things to all
people, no matter how good it is. Like that office mentioned that has a
few Windows machines. Could you scare up the resources to put another
NIC in the server and have a few "higher-powered" thin clients that have
more ram, dedicated Gig-E to the new NIC on the server and better video
cards, for the kids whose parents are on the school board? I'm serious,
aside from that last bit of snarkiness, sometimes you just need a better
workstation, even if 99% of the time you don't. Maybe run a few,
selected local apps on those.

That's not a bad idea. I do have a spare PC that's at least five years newer than my TC's. I should try one.

--
Jim Thomas            jomegat jomegat com
 "And" is a word that should never be used at the beginning of a sentence.