Re: [K12OSN] Silverlight?

is she on Microsofts payroll or just have a lot of stock??

bob

On Fri, 16 Mar 2012, Jomegat wrote:

Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2012 12:38:25 -0400
From: Jomegat <jomegat jomegat com>
To: Support list for open source software in schools. <k12osn redhat com>
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] Silverlight?

Even Microsoft is giving it the heave-ho.

She doesn't care about Silverlight. She cares about some web app she found that uses it.

I've already taken the "no" path with Shockwave, and it did indeed make shock waves. I very nearly lost my LTSP install over it.

If I keep saying "no" to everything she asks for, it will strengthen the position that "LTSP can't do everything I need." In other words, I could win all the battles and lose the war.

I'm sure she will continue to find applications out there that require Shockwave, Silverlight, Windows, and who knows what else. I try to find replacements when I say no, but those are never as satisfying (to her) as saying yes.

I want to reserve "no" for things that really can't be done.