Re: [K12OSN] Silverlight?

Some thoughts inline, below -

I know exactly what you are dealing with here! Anyone that has not had
to be in an school enviornment does not have ANY idea what it is to have
to deal with female teachers.

Based on my experience in schools, gender has little or nothing to do with the validity of a request.

When one finds a cutesy novelty 'teaching
tool' they seen in a magazine ,it is shortly monkey see, monkey do.

These are teachable moments; by far the greatest challenge I have seen/experienced is getting people to set aside preconceived notions and actually listen/converse. Many issues masquerade as "technical problems" when the real issues/barriers are carbon-based.

Just to verify, quite some time back I tried to make moonlight work on a
few apps. Simply put ,I could not get ONE of the test apps I tried to
use via moonlight to work.
It was always the revolving door of ,,,'too old version' for running
this app via Silverlight/moonlight'.

Strong agreement here - the death of Silverlight is a wonderful thing. The only bad thing about it is that it didn't happen sooner.

And,IIRC, the app in question was to generate a tagcloud? These things are all over the place on the web!

Cheers,

Bill