Re: [K12OSN] file attributes

I missed the part about these were dirs and not files.
The dir names may have nonprinting characters so your work to change things is failing on wrong name.
At this point you need to replace the drive or it's contents. Unless you can work at the inode level to wipe very specific bits, the level of effort exceeds realistic time frames. As long as those dirs exist, you're running a compromised system.