Re: [K12OSN] Two Web Site Questions

On 01/11/2014 08:44 AM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
On Fri, Jan 10, 2014 at 6:43 PM, Henry Hartley wrote:
Two things:

In the footer added to e-mails for this list is the URL: http://www.k12os.org which seems to be some site in Japanese. Is that something on my end or has that site gone away? If it's gone away, then it should probably not be in the e-mail footer any more. Is there a k12os site any more?

I believe the site used to be called k12osn.org. I think it is an old link and a typo combined.

On the K12Linux site (https://fedorahosted.org/k12linux/) it says that K12Linux EL6 is the long-term supported LTSP distribution that will receive updates until the year 2017. On the CentOS site, however, it lists 2017 as the EOL for CentOS 5, with 6 being supported until 30 Nov 2020.

IIRC Red Hat changed their lifecycle to extend support for 3 additional years some time back, probably since the support dates for K12Linux were established. I expect nothing will stop working in 2017 since really nothing will change on that date.

RHEL6 goes "end of production on November 30 2020.

Jeff