[katello-devel] Moving Notifications

Eric Helms ehelms at redhat.com
Mon Jul 18 19:29:03 UTC 2011

On 07/18/2011 03:06 PM, Brad Buckingham wrote:
> On 07/18/2011 02:06 PM, Jason Rist wrote:

>>> I like this position much better (it always bothered me that the current
>>> way covers up the username/logout parts), but this seems like it would
>>> cover up the app a lot worse if there were multiple notifications (which
>>> is really annoying).
>>>
>>> -Justin

>> Forgive me for being blunt, but isn't the point of the notifications to
>> be sort of in your face?  Should we have an option to turn them off?
>>
>> I've attached a validation error.

> +1 in that notices are by nature supposed to be "in your face"... :)
>
> That said, we could provide a "disable notice dialogs" (or whatever we
> want to call it) as part of the User profile.  We do that today for
> helptips.
>
> cheers,
> Brad

Not a bad idea, except for errors that a user needs to see (e.g.
validation errors).  Perhaps the ability to have a small indicator there
in the middle or where the notices count is displayed to indicate there
are notices such that the user could click on it and then see the notice
itself as either a pop up or a panel that slides open from the top.  Not
pertinent for a first release, just thinking out loud.

- Eric