[katello-devel] Katello - request: add webrat to support rspec tests

Brad Buckingham bbuckingham at redhat.com
Sat Jul 23 16:23:35 UTC 2011

Team,

I was updating some view spec tests based on recent changes made for
Katello.  While making the updates, I found that I really wanted to
leverage some of webrat's matchers (specifically have_selector) in some
of my tests.  Unfortunately, we do not have webrat in our development
configuration.

I'd really like to add it.  Would anyone be opposed to it?  If not, I'll
look at doing it soon.  It will mean adding 2 gems to the development
environment (webrat and nokogiri).

Note: webrat isn't currently part of Fedora, but appears that the
request has been made to incorporate it.

For reference, the following links have some details on webrat (It's
also mentioned in the popular "The RSpec Book"):
- http://rubygems.org/gems/webrat
- https://github.com/brynary/webrat
- https://wincent.com/wiki/Webrat_matchers

thanks,