[katello-devel] Initial Dashboard Page Thoughts

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Mon Jul 25 11:32:06 UTC 2011

On 07/22/2011 12:17 AM, Jason Rist wrote:
> Obviously these would go away as they "accomplish" the tasks
> (Achievement Unlocked!), or they can dismiss them outright.
>
> I'm sure I will think of more and you guys probably have some ideas as
> well, but I thought this is a.) a better use of the Dashboard page for
> the time being and b.) a welcoming beginning to using Katello.

Sounds quite complete. Frankly I hate "welcome" pages, I rather jump in
the "workplace" page. I am for Dashboard with real data, links and lot
of information.

What about sending him information notification messages? In this case
we should include step number in the subject not to confuse him with the
order. Something like:

Step 1: Create users
Step 2: Define environments

On the dashboard page there could be "Check your Inbox" box.

ps - we could be also syncing our "Katello Trophies" to Facebook and
Google Plus accounts :-)

  Lukas Zapletal | E32E400A
  RHN Satellite Engineering
  Red Hat Czech s.r.o. Brno