[katello-devel] Facing Issues with registering systems

Kedar Bidarkar kbidarka at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 19:27:03 UTC 2011

Hi all,

1)
I face the below issue while registering the system/consumer.
Please let me know if I am missing something here.

The rhsm.conf config file
http://pastebin.test.redhat.com/67883

Also have followed the below link and configured as mentioned here.
https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/AdvancedInstallation (integrating with rhsm and yum)

[root at dhcp201-179 consumer]# pulp-consumer --user admin --password admin consumer create --id=7473310d-20cf-4a3b-b2f3-9808bdb39cb1warning: this client is not known to the pulp server; run 'pulp-consumer consumer register' to register it
Supported Actions:
	register       register the consumer
	unregister     unregister the consumer
	bind           bind the consumer to listed repos
	unbind         unbind the consumer from repos
	history        view the consumer history
	update         update consumer profile

pulp-consumer: error: invalid action: please see --help

2) https://dhcp201-114.englab.pnq.redhat.com/katello/systems

Also for another consumer node while unregistering from the katello-server , I face the below issue.
This issue is also faced while accessing the systems page via gui.

[root at dhcp201-114 ~]# katello -u admin -p admin system unregister --org ACME_Corporation --name dhcp201-103.englab.pnq.redhat.com
RestClient::ResourceNotFound: Candlepin::Consumer: 404 Resource Not Found {"displayMessage":"Consumer with id 96af7f6f-cc92-4bbe-985e-d59e302ff1ed could not be found"} (DELETE /candlepin/consumers/96af7f6f-cc92-4bbe-985e-d59e302ff1ed)

Thanks and Regards,
Kedar Bidarkar