[katello-devel] Fwd: Facing Issues with registering systems

Kedar Bidarkar kbidarka at redhat.com
Mon Nov 14 20:34:58 UTC 2011

Hi all,

On installing pulp-admin to the pulp-server node I found that the  consumer entry in pulp-server is already present.

[root at dhcp201-114 httpd]# pulp-admin --user admin --password admin consumer list
            Consumer Information

Id                 	7473310d-20cf-4a3b-b2f3-9808bdb39cb1
Description        	None
Subscribed Repos   	[]
Agent:
   Responding      	No
   Last Heartbeat  	None
Additional info

I feel as the pulp-server is already aware of the consumer node, I would no longer require to run the command
pulp-client --username=admin --password=admin consumer create --id=<uuid from subscription manager>

But, I see no entries under redhat.repo, even after perfoming all the setup till the

I am thinking, at what stage should the redhat.repo file get populated with the fedora15 repos.

2) Also, please let me know , what exactly does this mean

Also make sure your candlepin server has subscription data for you client. You can register without subscriptions if you like, but there is nothing to consume :)

Thanks and regards,
Kedar Bidarkar