[katello-devel] Fwd: Facing Issues with registering systems

Ivan Nečas inecas at redhat.com
Tue Nov 15 08:53:48 UTC 2011

On 11/14/2011 09:34 PM, Kedar Bidarkar wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> On installing pulp-admin to the pulp-server node I found that the  consumer entry in pulp-server is already present.
>
> [root at dhcp201-114 httpd]# pulp-admin --user admin --password admin consumer list
> +------------------------------------------+
>              Consumer Information
> +------------------------------------------+
>
> Id                 	7473310d-20cf-4a3b-b2f3-9808bdb39cb1
> Description        	None
> Subscribed Repos   	[]
> Agent:
>     Responding      	No
>     Last Heartbeat  	None
> Additional info
>

> I feel as the pulp-server is already aware of the consumer node, I would no longer require to run the command
> pulp-client --username=admin --password=admin consumer create --id=<uuid from subscription manager>
>

> But, I see no entries under redhat.repo, even after perfoming all the setup till the

> I am thinking, at what stage should the redhat.repo file get populated with the fedora15 repos.
>

> 2) Also, please let me know , what exactly does this mean
>
> Also make sure your candlepin server has subscription data for you client. You can register without subscriptions if you like, but there is nothing to consume :)
>

> Thanks and regards,
> Kedar Bidarkar

With Katello, you should not use pulp-admin at all. Katello should
handle this work (katello registers the consumer on the pulp side). If
you don't see the repos in redhat.repo, try running

   yum repolist

Besides other things, it should update repos according to the current
subscriptions.

> 2) https://dhcp201-114.englab.pnq.redhat.com/katello/systems
>
> Also for another consumer node while unregistering from the katello-server , I face the below issue.
> This issue is also faced while accessing the systems page via gui.
>
> [root at dhcp201-114 ~]# katello -u admin -p admin system unregister --org ACME_Corporation --name dhcp201-103.englab.pnq.redhat.com
> RestClient::ResourceNotFound: Candlepin::Consumer: 404 Resource Not Found {"displayMessage":"Consumer with id 96af7f6f-cc92-4bbe-985e-d59e302ff1ed could not be found"} (DELETE /candlepin/consumers/96af7f6f-cc92-4bbe-985e-d59e302ff1ed)
I remember you also mentioned that unregistering with
subscription-manager failed prior the try with katello cli. This migth
be the issue. I suspect, that the first unregistration failed in the
phase of unregistering pulp consumer, but it already removed the
consumer on the Candlepin side.

--
Regards,

  Ivan Necas