[katello-devel] QQ on Ueber Cert stuff

Partha Aji paji at redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 23:46:49 UTC 2011

So I was trying to implement the Ueber cert functionality in the UI and was wondering the preferred way of handling this. For those who don't know  what Ueber Certs are go to https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/GuideDebugCertificates

I was thinking along the lines of adding  Generate Cert and Download Cert buttons on Organization Details and having it do what the API does at present.

My question is should we just make the user download the pkcs12 file instead of separately downloading the pem files and then having to the run "openssl pkcs12 -keypbe  ...".  If yes, then my next question is what do I do about the password that is required to generate the pkcs12 ? (I guess I can ask the user for a password when they ask me to generate the certificate)

The alternative is ofcourse offer 2 download links , one to download the key pem file and the other to download the cert pem.

Partha