[katello-devel] Pulp API mods needed for system event history

Partha Aji paji at redhat.com
Wed Nov 30 21:09:27 UTC 2011

Brad and myself are working on a story to enable to one to see events that transpired on a System. Examples being things like Package Installs/Update/Remove, package profile request, auto heal updates etc. Before we model things in Katello I was wondering if the following stories were doable in pulp (and possibly in Candlepin). If the abilities listed below are already there in pulp or candlepin then please let me know.

Things that we'd ideally need to be in pulp and probably in candlepin also

1) As a user I would like to get a list of statuses/tasks associated to a consumer.
2) As a user I would like to get a list of statuses based on a list of status id's
3) As a user I would like to be able to get filtered list of tasks based on task states (like pending/completed/failed/cancelled/timed_out)
4) As a user I would like the returned status data also send me back the parameters I passed in when I created the task. For example if I asked pulp to install a list of packages, I would like the status information for that task give me the name of the packages I asked it to install.

We'd have to tailor the Katello SystemTask status model differently based on what tasks get completed in the above list.

Partha