[katello-devel] tags and nightly builds

Tom McKay thomasmckay at redhat.com
Fri Apr 20 20:22:30 UTC 2012

With the addition of nightly builds (thanks Lukas!), I am trying to wrap my head around how best to get insight into what was actually built.

What gets built each night is determined by the most recent tag. Is this the best way to determine what is built? Would it be better to automatically generate a tag just prior to the automatic build? (Perhaps the auto tag could be a readable format like YYYY-MM-DD too?)

Are there pros/cons to automatic tagging?