[katello-devel] oddities on api routes

Ivan Nečas inecas at redhat.com
Fri Apr 27 08:31:07 UTC 2012

On 04/26/2012 11:01 PM, Justin Sherrill wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I was glancing at some of the api routes and was curious about some of
> them.  It appears that routes for a number of resources are split
> between two different types of urls.  For examples for providers:
>
> :index =>  /api/organizations/:organization_id/providers   (PUT)
> :create =>  /api/providers/     (POST)
> :show =>  /api/providers/:provider_id    (GET)
> :update => /api/providers/:provider_id   (PUT)
>
> etc....
>
> :index isn't the only action that requires an org_id as part of the
> request (create does as well).  I've noticed that a few more resources
> do this as well (systems, tasks, activation_keys, gpg_keys)
>
> Shouldn't all routes for a resource be located at the same url?
This is surely on of the thing we need to clean a bit. We agreed on that
before we start reworking and clearing the API we should document the
current state so that the changes will be easier to track. I'm working
on it right now.

It's definitely good time to discuss the API conventions we should use.

-- Ivan