[katello-devel] oddities on api routes

Justin Sherrill jsherril at redhat.com
Thu Apr 26 21:01:13 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I was glancing at some of the api routes and was curious about some of
them.  It appears that routes for a number of resources are split
between two different types of urls.  For examples for providers:

:index =>  /api/organizations/:organization_id/providers   (PUT)
:create =>  /api/providers/     (POST)
:show =>  /api/providers/:provider_id    (GET)
:update => /api/providers/:provider_id   (PUT)

etc....

:index isn't the only action that requires an org_id as part of the
request (create does as well).  I've noticed that a few more resources
do this as well (systems, tasks, activation_keys, gpg_keys)

Shouldn't all routes for a resource be located at the same url?

-Justin