[katello-devel] Updated Content Deletion Screens

Kyle Baker kybaker at redhat.com
Wed Aug 8 20:10:08 UTC 2012

----- Original Message -----
> On 08/08/2012 03:05 PM, Kyle Baker wrote:
> > I have the updated wireframes and added a high fidelity mockup to
> > the Katello wiki here -
> > https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/ContentDeletionDesign
> >
> > Updated items include -
> > • Added 'Promotable' as a view in the content dropdown
> > • Added a screen for 'New Changeset' showing a dialog opening
> > downward
> > • Removed 'Changeset' from 'Remove Changeset' in the changeset
> > control area
> > • Show expanded tipsy content on the Remove changeset control
> > • Added Undo control to the Added state in content list, with an
> > expanded tool tip
> > • Did high fidelity mock-up
> >

> > Kyle Baker
> > Visual Designer       Desk (978) 392 3116
> > UX Team               IRC  kylebaker

> Two minor things, but has bugged me every time I see it.
>
> 1) On the item list when you can go down a level in content, swapping
> the three-dots and the add button.

Not sure what you are asking here.

> 2) Adding an intermediary state where "+Add" changes to "Adding..."
> "Added (undo)".

The only difference here between what exists now and the mock-up is the instead of saying "Remove" it now says "Added (Undo)". Should be no new functionality here.

> 3) In the wireframe, the "Added (undo)" has the three dots to
> indicate
> going deeper into the product removed.  Is this a designed behavior
> change or missing piece?

This still functions the same only the text has changes. In the tool currently you can go deeper then the lvel that has the "Remove" text. This has not changed.

Our goal here was just to edit the text to make for clearer choices though functionality should remain the same. We can certainly talk about redesigning the Sliding Tree as a separate project.