[katello-devel] moving of systems between environments

Dmitri Dolguikh dmitri at redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 12:56:29 UTC 2012

Hey all,

the above functionality is in master as of yesterday.

To move the system using web ui: on system detail screen, change the
environment name to the one you intend to move the system to. Once
completed, the system will reside in the new environment.
To move the system via cli: katello system update --org=Blah
--name=My_system --new_environment=<environment name goes here>

To verify that the system has been moved successfully: pull entitlement
certificate and verify that the content urls have been updated to use
the new environment. Please note that if the content that the system has
been subscribed to is not available in the new environment, the
entitlement certificate is not going to have it either.

Please let me know if you have questions/comments,
-d