[katello-devel] Licensing?

Hugh Brock hbrock at redhat.com
Tue Aug 14 14:37:09 UTC 2012

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 04:31:29PM +0200, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> I'd rather stick with GNU GPL.
>
> Do we know the reason why Aeolus have chosen non-GPL licence? Was this
> intentional or are they using some big bunch of ASL licenced code
> (therefore it was forced)? Just asking, if Aeolus was forced, we have no
> issues with staing on the GNU GPL.

It was intentional. We felt the Apache license was much closer to what
the rest of the Ruby world was doing upstream, and also that it served
our product goals better.

--Hugh

--
== Hugh Brock, hbrock at redhat.com                                   ==
== Engineering Manager, Cloud BU                                   ==

"I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I’m
not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant."
--Robert McCloskey