[katello-devel] Non-RHEL clients and bootstrapping

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 10:24:19 UTC 2012

Hello,

on the user list there is a report from Scientific Linux. The bootstrap
RPM cannot configure rhsm, I guess its because there is none on his
system.

So to support RHEL clones, we need to ask users to install both rhsm and
katello client. We have not been telling this in our client installation
wiki page, so I did this (quite a huge) change:

https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/GuideSystemRegistrationClient

https://fedorahosted.org/katello/wiki/GuideSystemRegistrationClient?action=diff&version=27&old_version=26

Please test.

I will also add a test in the post RPM script - if one of the components
is not found, warning will be issued (currently it exits with error
only).

LZ

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine