[katello-devel] Content deletion merged to master

Mike McCune mmccune at redhat.com
Mon Aug 20 21:39:29 UTC 2012

FYI this is merged:

https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/479

"NOTE: Once this is merged to master, developers must run 'rake
db:migrate' to pick up the addition of 'type' to the changeset model.

This is the initial merge of the content deletion feature to master.
There is still more work to be done; however, we wanted to make the
current functionality available to users.

High-level summary:

     UI nav change - usage of 'Promotion' has been replaced with
'Changeset', since you may now create a promotion or deletion changeset.
     UI - ability to associate a type with a changeset
(promotion/deletion) during changeset creation
     UI - ability to assign content to a changeset w/ behavior of
content tree adjusting to the type of changeset being worked on
     UI - ability to support deletion of products, repos, pkgs, errata,
distros and system templates
     UI - various changes to styling to handle the promotion vs deletion
concept
     CLI/API - similar capabilities to the above, but from CLI/API point
of view

We do have some more testing/hardening to do; however, we'll address
that with up upcoming pull requests.
"
--
Mike McCune