[katello-devel] Bundler vs rpm-gems

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 12:50:45 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 02:44:23PM +0200, Vit Ondruch wrote:
> Dne 22.8.2012 14:32, Petr Chalupa napsal(a):
> >We should not drop our gem-repo, we would not be able to provide
> >gem with patches from rpms to non fedora/rhel systems (I and any
> >other non fedora developer need those to be able to reasonable fix
> >bugs).
> >
> >Petr
> >

> Please excuse me, but what is the purpose of gem-repo *with
> patches*? Security issues are typically fixed in latest versions of
> gems, which in turn should be available in Fedora Rawhide, so am I
> missing something?

+1

I also think we don't need it. We provide Fedora/RHEL builds and support
for community for free. If anyone (from our community) is willing to
operate Katello on gems, no issues from our side. We will support them
to maintain gems, do security patches or whatever they need.

But we will carry on with providing security patches the usual way via
RPMs.

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine