[katello-devel] Bundler vs rpm-gems

Dmitri Dolguikh dmitri at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 13:39:46 UTC 2012

On 22/08/12 02:15 PM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 02:10:06PM +0100, Dmitri Dolguikh wrote:
>>> source 'http://fedorapeople.org/groups/katello/gems/f16'
>>> #source 'http://fedorapeople.org/groups/katello/gems/f17'
>>> #source 'http://fedorapeople.org/groups/katello/gems/el6'
>>> source 'http://fedorapeople.org/groups/katello/gems/dev'
>> are we developing on all of those???? or simply deploying on those?
> We should all be able to develop/test on those. Let's say you have
> Fedora 17 only bug and you need to start it with F17 gems (because you
> can't reproduce it on your setup).
>
> If we are going to generate those gem repos, I'd like to have such a
> chance. It's for free.
if active development is happening on all of those, it's going to be a
problem: those have different versions of gems (and that's not taking
into account 1.9.3) - I don't think we can manage that using Bundler (in
fact, that's against Bundler's goals).

We could use platform-specific branches though?

-d