[katello-devel] Bundler vs rpm-gems

Petr Chalupa pchalupa at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 15:19:43 UTC 2012

I didn't go that far for 'bundle install' to be able to install gems as
on on any of these platforms. But it could be done.

This solution allows you to have one repository. In it would contain all
gems corresponding with f16 deployment and all development gems.

When you bundle install on non-rpm machine you get same result as on f16
including development dependencies.
When you bundle install on fedora 16 rpm-gems are used instead of gems
and same development dependencies are installed.
When you bundle install on rhel rpm-gems are used instead of gems (some
will be older than on fedora) and same development dependencies are
installed.

Petr