[katello-devel] Consumer and goferd

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 15:32:58 UTC 2012

On 08/22/2012 05:24 PM, Og Maciel wrote:
>> On 08/22/2012 02:42 PM, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
>>> I found we are missing one another step:
>>>
>>> * Make sure goferd daemon is started to use Katello Agent
>
> A while back I had suggested we automatically got goferd started if someone installed katello-agent but those who replied told me we should do it... which I never agreed :) I feel that as an end user, I want to subscribe my system and automatically be able to use the web ui to install/remove and manage content.

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:SysVInitScript#Why_don.27t_we....

Why don't we.... start the service after installation?

Installations can be in changeroots, in an installer context, or in
other situations where you don't want the services started.
--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Systems Management Engineering