[katello-devel] Katello 1.0 released
msuchy at redhat.com
Tue Aug 7 19:52:18 UTC 2012
we are happy to announce the first release of Katello, a systems
The download locations are
with client repositories under:
For fresh installations, please use steps from
Features & Enhancements in Katello 1.0
* Patch Management
* Mirror content from external repositories into local Definitive
* Schedule recurring syncs of content.
* Manage the content through multiple environments.
* Use subscription model to associate content with machines which
are registered to environments.
* System Management
* Inventory of systems which are registered, including installed
software and system facts.
* Assign subscriptions provided by Red Hat, and customer products.
* Registration Macros with Activation Keys
* Remote installation of packages over AMQP.
* System Grouping for Batch Processing
* LDAP integration.
* Python based CLI.
* REST APIacewalk.redhat.com/documentation/api/
Our thanks go to the community members who contributed to this
* Brad P. Crochet
* Jakub Steiner
* Pep Turro Mauri
You can view the history of Katello from its start to 1.0 at
In Katello 1.0, we've seen
* 624 bugs fixed
* 6011 changesets committed
* 6596 commits done
* registration with activation keys does not work:
Thank you for using Katello.
P.S. I sent this email yesterday, but for some reason it got lost.
Red Hat Systems Management Engineering
More information about the katello-devel