[katello-devel] Foreman Registration Design

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Thu Dec 20 08:49:42 UTC 2012

On Wed, Dec 19, 2012 at 04:32:12PM +0000, Dominic Cleal wrote:
> This assumes a single puppetmaster though specified in the RPM upfront.
>  Foreman supports any number of puppetmasters, which is specified on the
> host (and might be populated from the hostgroup) and could be installed
> alongside Foreman or on other hosts with smart proxies.

What you mean by multiple puppetmasters? I have to admit I am still not
done with my Puppet book, but does it make really sense? Isn't added
value of Puppet one centralized place for all the configuration?

> How flexible will Katello be about supported Foreman and Puppet
> architectures to start with?

I would say, the first version with Foreman integrated will only support
one instance (I mean - everything on one box), but we should definitely
think to the future.

Can you elaborate what issues do you see with this?

 Lukas "lzap" Zapletal
 #katello #systemengine