[katello-devel] Dependency calculation

Tomas Strachota tstrachota at redhat.com
Mon Jan 9 10:43:37 UTC 2012

Hi,
two questions about dependency calculation came to my mind when I was
working on some bugs around changesets:

1) We currently calculate only first level of dependencies and don't
dive deeper into the dependency tree. Is this behavior intended? I would
expect it to calculate all dependencies recursively.

2) What is the best approach in a situation when a version of dependent
package has already been promoted? I can see 3 options:
  a) include all versions of the package except the promoted one(s)
  b) include only the latest version of the package if it has not been
promoted yet
  c) don't include the dependent package in such situation at all

Thanks for ideas,
Tomas