[katello-devel] Promotions UI - looking for input on naming

Brad Buckingham bbuckingham at redhat.com
Fri Jul 20 15:49:24 UTC 2012

Hey Folks,

In the Katello UI, we currently have the following navigation leading to
the Promotions page:
     Content -> Changeset Promotions -> Promotions (page)

The current promotions page allows users to create change sets and
promote content from the current (e.g. Dev) to next (e.g. Test) environment.

We are now in the process of developing functionality to allow users to
also delete content from an environment.  This functionality will be
built in to the current promotions UI; therefore, the UI will now
support 2 possible actions (deletions and promotions).  As a result, it
seems like we should consider the navigation and page.

Any thoughts/opinions?

Possible renames might be:
     Content -> Changeset Promotion / Deletion -> Promotions / Deletions
     Content -> Changeset Management -> Promotions / Deletions
     Content -> Changesets -> Promotions / Deletions
     Content -> ... -> ...

thanks in advance,
Brad