[katello-devel] Promotions UI - looking for input on naming

Cliff Perry cperry at redhat.com
Fri Jul 20 15:55:32 UTC 2012

On 07/20/2012 10:49 AM, Brad Buckingham wrote:
> Hey Folks,
>
> In the Katello UI, we currently have the following navigation leading to
> the Promotions page:
> Content -> Changeset Promotions -> Promotions (page)
>
> The current promotions page allows users to create change sets and
> promote content from the current (e.g. Dev) to next (e.g. Test)
> environment.
>
> We are now in the process of developing functionality to allow users to
> also delete content from an environment. This functionality will be
> built in to the current promotions UI; therefore, the UI will now
> support 2 possible actions (deletions and promotions). As a result, it
> seems like we should consider the navigation and page.
>
> Any thoughts/opinions?
>
> Possible renames might be:
> Content -> Changeset Promotion / Deletion -> Promotions / Deletions
> Content -> Changeset Management -> Promotions / Deletions

I like this one the most ^^^^
Content > Changeset Management > Promotions / Deletions

Though 'Promotions / Deletions' seems wrongly worded, it doesn't sound
right to me - hurts my ears.

Shouldn't it be demotion and promotion?
or Additions / Deletions

or... Delta Sets :)

or... Upgrade / Downgrade

I'm sure you picked the word 'deletions' because that is what is
happening, without thinking does that term work well with the others in
play.

Cliff