[katello-devel] RFC: Strategy for Importing Data from Spacewalk

Miroslav Suchý msuchy at redhat.com
Mon Oct 1 13:04:22 UTC 2012

On 10/01/2012 02:49 PM, Bryan Kearney wrote:
> On 10/01/2012 02:01 AM, Miroslav Suchý wrote:
>> On 09/28/2012 09:43 PM, Mike McCune wrote:
>>> that aside, +1 to a textual based format.
>>
>> I'm not sure about this. Spacewalk DB can be really big. Text export can
>> inflate it several times.
>>

> How much of the size is the package DB?

Taken from sputnik-prod.***:

$ db-control tablesizes
RHNPACKAGE                           59M
RHNPACKAGEARCH                      128K
RHNPACKAGECAPABILITY                2.3G
RHNPACKAGECHANGELOGDATA              34M
RHNPACKAGECHANGELOGREC              270M
RHNPACKAGECONFLICTS                   3M
RHNPACKAGEDELTA                     128K
RHNPACKAGEDELTAELEMENT              128K
RHNPACKAGEEVR                         3M
RHNPACKAGEFILE                      3.1G
RHNPACKAGEFILEDELETEQUEUE           192K
RHNPACKAGEGROUP                     128K
RHNPACKAGEKEY                        64K
RHNPACKAGEKEYASSOCIATION              4M
RHNPACKAGEKEYTYPE                    64K
RHNPACKAGENAME                      768K
RHNPACKAGENEVRA                       5M
RHNPACKAGEOBSOLETES                   3M
RHNPACKAGEPROVIDER                   64K
RHNPACKAGEPROVIDES                  104M
RHNPACKAGERECOMMENDS                 64K
RHNPACKAGEREPODATA                220.5M
RHNPACKAGEREQUIRES                   60M
RHNPACKAGESOURCE                    128K
RHNPACKAGESUGGESTS                   64K
RHNPACKAGESUPPLEMENTS                64K
RHNPACKAGESYNCBLACKLIST             128K
RHNPACKAGEUPGRADEARCHCOMPAT          64K

I'm lazy to cunt it precisly, but RHNPACKAGEFILE + RHNPACKAGECAPABILITY
is already more then 5 GB.

--
Miroslav Suchy
Red Hat Systems Management Engineering