[katello-devel] Help! How to turn a production install into development?

Ivan Nečas inecas at redhat.com
Thu Oct 11 21:07:23 UTC 2012

On 10/11/2012 08:19 PM, Tom McKay wrote:

> [...]
Yop, switching to development mode just to increase logging is a bit
overkill. I also wouldn't say it's the only gem missing. Just take a
look at the Gemfile and all the gems under @@@DEV_ONLY@@@. Many of them
are just for running tests, but still. Development mode = begin able to
develop. Production machine should never be run in development mode,
because it's not the way it should be used. And I'm quite happy that the
missing gem causes that to fall before it causes more harm.

> I didn't see a flag in katello-configure to change this value; worth adding?
Since we now support rerunning katello-configure more times, this is
good point. I vote for it, if there is not something that would cause
trouble.

-- Ivan

>> Thanks!

Ivan