[katello-devel] moving to ruby 1.9.3

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Fri Oct 19 12:14:49 UTC 2012

I think using Gemfile.lock is a great idea. It would give us some oversight into gem versions and gem versions changing by way of reviewing pull requests to Katello. Currently, I just upload rails 3.2.8 to our gem repo and break all new development installs of Katello (as rails 3.2.8 matches our Gemfile requirement of '>= 3.0.10' yet it does not work with our project in its current state). There's no review process to our katello-thirdparty git repo and until there is, I think locking down gem versions in the Gemfile.lock is a much better idea.

David