[katello-devel] moving to ruby 1.9.3

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Fri Oct 19 12:25:29 UTC 2012

Well, we have been there :-)

Ten months ago we have decided to remove Gemfile.lock from our git.

The issue with lock file that time was it was difficult to track changes
in it. Since we use github pull requests now, it should be much more
easier to keep it fit and refuse any version changes which are not
appropriate.

It is also necessary to have the ability to run against Ruby 1.8 and
Ruby 1.9. Dmitri has a new version of Gemfile that works with both, and
we should keep it in this state for a while. It's a good to have ability
to run unit tests also on older 1.8 for some time IMHO, because we can
be asked to backport some feature onto RHEL6 SE.

So, yes, basically this is +1 :-)

LZ