[katello-devel] Travis Testing Pull Requests

Eric Helms ehelms at redhat.com
Fri Oct 26 15:20:01 UTC 2012

Howdy All,

You may notice from today forward that as you open pull requests and
make commits to them there will be a status indicator about testing on
Travis.  As of https://github.com/Katello/katello/pull/925 we are trying
out a Travis configuration that will run the following on all pull
requests, repository merges, and updates to pull requests.

- CLI unittests
- Pylint
- SCSS compilation
- Rspec unittests

The configuration is currently setup to fail-fast. In other words, it
will not run all 4 all of the time, it attempts to be as quick as
possible, such that if one fails, the build is flagged as failed and
execution stops.

This may require some tuning as we get used to it, so please provide any
feedback or thoughts on the process as we begin to use it.

- Eric