[katello-devel] Current state of RHEL6 Nightly

Lukas Zapletal lzap at redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 14:00:42 UTC 2013

Ok I am working towards turning SCL off for RHEL6 now, I will push a PR
shortly. We will wait until Mirek finishes with Foreman, hopefully this
week.

I thought I will also need to migrate katello-upgrade to SCL, but it was
decided to not to convert katello-configure (and katello-upgrade is part
of katello-configure). It still runs atop of Ruby 1.8 and Puppet from
EPEL.

The question is if we want to migrate that to SCL stack too. The issue
here is Puppet - we would need to migrate Puppet to SCL too. I am not
sure if that does not bring issues (e.g. clients running puppet with 1.8
from EPEL vs server running Katello/Foreman/Puppet on 1.9 Ruby).

Opinions? Ohad?

LZ