[katello-devel] Current state of RHEL6 Nightly

Dominic Cleal dcleal at redhat.com
Tue Mar 19 14:07:53 UTC 2013

On 19/03/13 14:00, Lukas Zapletal wrote:
> Ok I am working towards turning SCL off for RHEL6 now, I will push a PR
> shortly. We will wait until Mirek finishes with Foreman, hopefully this
> week.
>
> I thought I will also need to migrate katello-upgrade to SCL, but it was
> decided to not to convert katello-configure (and katello-upgrade is part
> of katello-configure). It still runs atop of Ruby 1.8 and Puppet from
> EPEL.
>
> The question is if we want to migrate that to SCL stack too. The issue
> here is Puppet - we would need to migrate Puppet to SCL too. I am not
> sure if that does not bring issues (e.g. clients running puppet with 1.8
> from EPEL vs server running Katello/Foreman/Puppet on 1.9 Ruby).

There is the following report of an incompatibility when mixing Ruby
versions with Puppet, but I don't know if it would affect us:
http://projects.puppetlabs.com/issues/9084

Some of the report refers to 1.9.2 (which isn't supported w/Puppet), but
there are references to 1.9.3.

--
Dominic Cleal
Red Hat Engineering