Booting from a SCSI using an Adaptec 7896

Barsalou barjunk at attglobal.net
Mon Apr 26 06:19:01 UTC 2004

I am trying to use kickstart to install RedHat 9 on a machine using an
Adaptec 7896.  After failing several times, I tried installing it
straight...this failed too!

I have been able to successfully install Debian on this machine...what
should I do to figure out why it works for Debian and not for RedHat?
There are a few entries regarding this for 7.1, but I would have
imagined that this has been resolved by now.

It hangs right after it tries to install the adaptec module.

Any ideas?

Mike
--
Barsalou <barjunk at attglobal.net>