continuing gigabit troubles

seph seph at directionless.org
Tue Aug 3 20:11:01 UTC 2004

I finally got a chance to play with the update 2 stuff on my gigabit
machines. The results were not encouraging.

I have several broadcom 82545EM gigabit cards. They worked fine with a
kickstart cd made from the update1 cd. They did *not* work when booted
with an update2 cd.

The e1000 on some of my motherboards failed to work either either.

I've been making the isolinux portion of my kickstart cd, by copying
the parts right off disc1. Is there a more correct way to be doing
this? Did update2 solve other people's problems?

seph