problem integrating ks.cfg with RHEL WS 2.1 ISOs

Philip Rowlands phr at doc.ic.ac.uk
Sun Jun 20 09:13:21 UTC 2004

On Sat, 19 Jun 2004, Ajay Mulwani wrote:

>I am aware of the interactive option but just missed to try it and will
>give it a shot... However the question is: why just the package
>selection screen is skipped despite no %packages section specified (as
>I have mentioned there is only %post section in my ks.cfg)..

Without "interactive", a kickstart file is intended for an unattended
install. On a strict reading of the docs, the kickstart file has a
number of mandatory settings (auth, bootloader, keyboard, lang, mouse,
rootpw etc.). I've not tried deliberate omission, but my guess is that
%packages, if not given, defaults to "@ Base" only, i.e. it *does* have
a package list to work with, and therefore doesn't need to ask.

Cheers,
Phil