NFS kickstart fails with e1000.ko drivers

seph seph at directionless.org
Wed May 19 03:47:27 UTC 2004

> I have now added yet another switch to the list of switches that do not
> work in this environment (Extreme Networks Summit 400-48t).  Perhaps
> someone can suggest a change to the switch - someone previously
> mentioned enabling 'fast port' but I have not seen anything like that in
> the switch documentation.

All the switches I'm currently playing with are unmanaged dumb things,
but I suspect the person was suggesting fiddling the STP
settings. Full STP can take some time to settle, as it checks for
network loops. So most switches provide some sort of fast STP mode
where the switch assumes there's just a single host. I don't think
this is likely my problem, as dhcp is successfully completing.

seph