Kickstart from eth1 (eth0 socket bad)

Elizabeth.Brosch at thomson.com Elizabeth.Brosch at thomson.com
Tue Dec 27 19:41:00 UTC 2005

I was having a problem initially with Kickstart.  I had eth0 hardcoded
in my ks.cfg file and also in the pxelinux config file.  But every time
I attempted my install I would get stopped at the screen for the host
info.

I had multiple NICs and this caused some confusion.  What I considered
eth0 was actually eth3.  PXE worked just find but Anaconda seen my eth0
as eth3!  I found this out by booting from CD and using linux rescue.
You can search the archives for my email thread regarding this:

October 2005 archives
Subject is:  Kicstart fails

Thanks.

Liz Brosch