Kickstart from eth1 (eth0 socket bad)

Bill Schoolcraft bill at wiliweld.com
Tue Dec 27 20:00:54 UTC 2005

At Tue, 27 Dec 2005 it looks like Elizabeth.Brosch at thomson.com composed:

> I was having a problem initially with Kickstart.  I had eth0 hardcoded
> in my ks.cfg file and also in the pxelinux config file.  But every time
> I attempted my install I would get stopped at the screen for the host
> info.
>
> I had multiple NICs and this caused some confusion.  What I considered
> eth0 was actually eth3.  PXE worked just find but Anaconda seen my eth0
> as eth3!  I found this out by booting from CD and using linux rescue.
> You can search the archives for my email thread regarding this:
>
> October 2005 archives
> Subject is:  Kicstart fails

Ahh, I had not thought of the "prelinux" config file.

I was not the admin who came in to setup this multi os, multi
partition profile, multi package profile system.  I will dig for
that file and see if I can do a "one-off" install with the orig
file saved and edits done to the "prelinux" conf file.

Thank You Liz.