Detecting a previous install

Peter Eisch peter at boku.net
Fri Feb 4 04:53:04 UTC 2005

Does anyone have an insight for how to include a %pre script where I could
test for the existence of a specific directory on the target drive?

Is there a variable set by anaconda that describes the target for the
install that I could pick up on the %pre?  I have not tried it yet, but I
could forsee trying to mount every conceivable root filesystem hda, sda,
etc. to see if /etc/openssl/certs exists.  If it is, my install needs to die
a horrible death as we're finding "users" don't seem to grasp the gravity of
some things.

Does anyone have any insight or experiences?

Thanks,

peter