initrd.img module loading

Peter Eisch peter at boku.net
Tue Feb 22 19:39:53 UTC 2005

Did you try rebuilding the initrd.img using something like:

/sbin/mkinitrd --preload scsi_mod --preload sd_mod --with aacraid \
    --with megaraid --with aic7xxx --with eepro100 --with bcm5700 \
       /boot/ninitrd-%{KVERREL}.img %{KVERREL}
/bin/mv /boot/initrd-%{KVERREL}.img /boot/oinitrd-%{KVERREL}.img
/bin/mv /boot/ninitrd-%{KVERREL}.img /boot/initrd-%{KVERREL}.img

I put this in my kernel's %post so it gets done at boot, but do the same
kind of thing with the initrd.img on the install media.

peter