Problems with Fedora core 3

Martin Høy marhoy at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 15:56:33 UTC 2005

On Fri, 28 Jan 2005 10:32:52 -0600, Jason L Tibbitts III
<tibbs at math.uh.edu> wrote:

> MH> Would you care to give a detailed explanation (command-line
> MH> options and everything) of how you updated the install-tree
>
> You can try the script I sent out earlier, if you want something
> automatic.

Thanks, that solved the problem, in the sense that the updated .rpms
gets installed at install-time :)

But the updated install somehow triggers a bug(?), so that when I
reboot the machine after installing, kudzu reports the ethernet card,
soundcard and sata-controller as "new hardware" which needs to be
configured. Thus, I have to reconfigure network, and press "Configure"
on the others. This does not happen when I install from the original
FC3-tree.

Anyone knows why this would happen? Is it due to different
kernel-versions on the boot-cd vs. the install-tree?

The people doing the installs in rather non-technical, so this is
possibly a show-stopper for me...

Martin