serial console output

Derek Yeung dky at utcc.utoronto.ca
Thu Jul 7 19:14:46 UTC 2005

Hi!

Does anyone know how I can have all the messages during boot time, after
the
   "Welcome to RedHat Linux ..."

    line output to *both* the monitor and ttyS0?  Right now, with the
grub.conf changes below, seem to restrict the output of messages after the
welcome line to either the monitor or ttyS0 ...  I'd like the output to go
to both places.

I've made the changes in grub.conf, specifically:

-- /etc/grub.conf --
#boot=/dev/sda
default=3
timeout=10
serial --unit=0 --speed=9600 --word=8 --parity=no --stop=1
terminal --timeout=2 console serial
#splashimage=(hd0,0)/grub/splash.xpm.gz
title Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp)
         root (hd0,0)
         kernel /vmlinuz-2.4.21-32.0.1.ELsmp ro root=/dev/vg00/root
console=tty0 console=ttyS0,9600n8

I recall there was another line, somewhere in /etc/sysconfig that i needed
to change?

Suggestions?

Very much appreciated,
/dky