Create Custom Boot CD.

Dan Trainor info at hostinthebox.net
Mon Jul 11 17:27:54 UTC 2005

Susanta Kumar Padhi wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am Susanta Padhi and having Fedora Core 2 Linux box. I am interest in
> create a bootable custom CD. I don't need all the RPMS of the Fedora
> Core2.I need some of them and also my own packages.I am unknown to this
> CD creation. Please help me to how to take approach.
>
> Regards
> Susant

Susant -

This has been an uphill battle for me in most part due to Anaconda not
being very well documented, and the process of actually making a CD in
the form that you speak of, next to impossible.

I have been researching this for a few months now to varying degrees of
success because information on the subject is very limited, regardless
of what anyone else on this list says.  Information is only plentiful on
the Internet if you're interested in making a custom RH6 or RH7.2 CD.

When I'm all finished, I plan on writing a pretty complete guide to what
I had done, hopefully so that others can learn from it and use it and go
on about their lives and not have to waste months on this.  Anaconda has
an amazing amount of functionality, and purpose.  The only problem is,
seems as if no one knows how to really use it and prepare media for it
to use.

I'll be posting here when I'm all done.

Thanks
-dant