serial console output

Tedman Eng teng at dataway.com
Mon Jul 11 19:13:19 UTC 2005

Pick one as your primary.

Bootloader and kernel and messages can echo to both consoles, but init
scripts will only echo to one console (your primary console).  The order of
the "console=" in the kernel line in grub.conf determines which is the
primary.

You can have multiple "console=", ie "console=ttyS0,9600n8
console=ttyS1,9600n8 console=tty0", but only the primary display will show
init script output.

See:
http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Remote-Serial-Console-HOWTO/bugs-monitor.html