e1000 kickstart, still

Edward F. Brown ebrown at lanl.gov
Tue Mar 15 18:06:44 UTC 2005

> This problem seems to have lingered a long time with no easy
> fix/workaround provided for us dummies. Any assistance would be
> appreciated.

It has indeed been around a long time now.  I thought Update 4 fixed it,
but we have also seen it since then.

Have you investigated the settings on the gigabit switch that the box is
plugged into?  Disabling "spanning tree" seems to help.  Some users have
resorted to putting a small 10/100 hub inline between the box being built
and the switch, not a very good solution, especially in your remote build
situation...

-Ed